Monday, April 30, 2012

The Rambler

"Hello?"
"Heeelllloooo?"
"Oh hi, umm, (shuffle shuffle) hi."
"Hi"
"Is this the Nelson's home I am looking for Courtney...  Courtney Nelson, is she there?"
"I am sorry. Umm. I think you have the wrong number."
"Oh right, ya, that makes sense. Ya, why would she actually give me the real number. I mean on the attractive scale she is a 12 and I am barely a 5 there is no way she would actually give it too me.  Maybe I should have asked her a different way. Like I don't know not at school, or in front of her friends. The whole sweating thing did not help either. Gosh what is wrong with me. I try and try and nothing ever works out. I bet its karma from that one time I cheated on my math test yep, it has to be............ Umm. Are you still there?"
"Yes."
"Wow, this is embarrassing... sorry you had to hear that. I ramble."
"Its fine."
"Wait is this 801-554-7896?"
"No, this is 801-554-7869."
"Oh."
"Ya"
"Well again sorry about that, uh, thanks. bye"
"Bye?"

No comments:

Post a Comment